About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hello? I'd Like to Order a Baby Delivery Please.

I had another check-up yesterday with my doctor and everything is still going really good. He's a big dude with a strong heartbeat and I am worn out. We talked again about inducing me and even picked the date. It will be May 19th- only 13 days to go unless he decides to make a break for it before that! My doctor does not think he will though based on my previous experience. It is kind of strange to schedule your delivery and get a little appointment card for when to show up to the hospital. But this seems to be the way my body works so that is the way it has to be. I do like it though and like I said in my last post, randomly going into labor seems really weird to me. I have been surprised how similar this pregnancy, especially these last few weeks, has been to my first one. They both had big growth spurts at the same time then kind of stopped growing and my body has progressed the same (already dilated 2 cm). Only one more appointment with the doctor and then the next time I see her will be at the hospital. Wow!

So we've been working in the yard a lot because, well, two things really. The first is that there is a lot to do when you go from winter to summer here. Lots and lots of de-winterizing, pruning and just getting things ready to grow again. Second reason is because I don't foresee a lot of extra time for gardening this summer. Just keeping up with mowing and some weeding will be all we can handle. We have been trying to get a few plants in the ground and yesterday we had a big pile of dirt delivered so we can fill up the planting bed Rob built for me last summer. My plan for that is to plant dahlias, snapdragons, zinnias and maybe sweet peas in it. I would like to get some vegetables in there too but I just think that is too much for this year. I don't have to time to be tending a vegetable garden. But next near I would like to!

They dropped it off in the driveway so Rob had to cart it all to the back yard where the bed is.



As you can see, Rex wanted to be right in the middle of it. So we let him. It's pretty fun to see your boy playing in a big dirt pile and just having the time of his life.



I still have to get the seeds planted in all our new dirt and get a few plants in the ground but I think we'll make it by the 19th. And if we don't, oh well!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio