About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, November 14, 2011

Craigslist Love

Thank goodness for craigslist.  We have gotten some really good bargains for our family room project, especially the electric fireplace and our carpet tiles.  Rob installed the carpet tiles this weekend as well as some vinyl hardwood planks by the exterior door.

First Rob put the adhesive down-



Then he put the carpet tiles in-



And here it is after the vinyl planks went in too-





The tiles are a little wild but once we get our very neutral and boring couches in, it should tone it down some.  I like it and for $100 worth of carpet tiles, it is hard to beat that.

I mentioned recently that I have been looking on craigslist for an old entertainment center to turn into a kids' play workbench.  I kept looking through ads then finally posted my own wanted ad when I couldn't find any for free.  It was just a few days before a lovely lady contacted me and told me she had one in her garage that I could have.  Yay!  I looked at it last Thursday and it is perfect.  Tomorrow night we are going to go pick it up then I can start that project.

We had a garage sale a few weeks ago (that I posted on craigslist) and two of our items were some wall cabinets out of our bathroom and the former bike shop (now our beautiful family room).  Now, they aren't lovely but I thought someone could use them for their garage or something since they are in excellent shape.  Rob thought I was nuts for trying to sell them.  I guess he was right; no one was interested.  I put them out by the curb and put an ad on craigslist in the free section.  Still no came for them.  I was really surprised now.  I waited a while and finally reposted them last night and this morning I had FOUR emails from people wanting them!  The guy who emailed me first came over at 9:00 this morning- he couldn't get them fast enough.  I love that I get stuff out of my way and he was very happy to have them to use at his house.

Craigslist seems to come through for me a lot.  I love you craigslist.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the carpet tiles and plank floors!
Tricia

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio