About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Haircuts for Everybody!

I wasn't the only person around here to get my hair cut in the last few days- Rex got his cut too.  We bought a pair of clippers a while back and had been buzzing his hair for the last year or so.  It was getting to the point where he hated it and we just couldn't deal with all the drama surrounding trying to cut his hair.  We finally decided it was time to go back to the professional cut.  Since we were going to be spending money on cutting his hair, I wanted to let it grow out and get the traditional boy hair cut again.  I let it grow out probably two months longer than it needed too- it was pretty shaggy looking by the time we went to the hairstylist last Friday.  He sure is looking good now though!


Come to think of it, we cut Rob's hair on Sunday night too.  The only person who hasn't had their hair trimmed is Wyatt and who knows what we will do with his when it gets to be that time.  He has a double crown on his head which makes the hair all just stick straight up in the air.  It will not lay down.  Unlike the boy himself who will lay down even when he isn't told to.  It was after lunch today when I found him like this in the family room.

Nap when you can get it


It was pretty close to nap time but I didn't realize he was already that tired.  Guess I should have put him down a few minutes earlier.  Oops.  He was so cute napping there on the couch though; I hated to move him.  But Mommy likes to hang out and watch tv during naps so I scooped him up and got him in his crib.

Right now we are contemplating buying a new sofa and chair or a sectional for the family room.  We sold our treadmill this weekend to help offset the cost of this purchase which was a little sad.  Now that I have a gym membership again, I haven't been using it at all and it didn't make any sense to keep it.  Anyhow, we went to a furniture store two weeks ago and checked out some couches and discovered we are tough customers.  We are both very particular about the look of a new couch/sectional and of course are trying to keep the price down as much as possible.  The most difficult thing seems to be Rob's height though and finding a couch that doesn't look like Rob in Wonderland.


We are planning a trip to Des Moines later this week to check a much bigger furniture store with more options.  I am feeling really hopeful that we will find something there.  Wish us luck!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio