About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, February 20, 2012

Pinteractive: A New 'Do

I have a confession to make: until last week, I hadn't gotten my hair cut in almost a year.  The stylist I've been going to ever since I moved to Iowa had a baby last spring and decided she wanted to stay home with him.  Having done the same thing myself, I totally understood but I was really sad to lose Abby.  She was so wonderful- great cuts and color, nice and she always started by massaging some deliciously scented oil into my head.  And she looked like Genevieve Gorder and Penny from Lost's (who apparently is really Sonya Walger) little sister.  Anyhow, it was time to suck it up and find a new stylist.  I did a little internet researching and finally settled a new girl at a new salon- mainly picking her because she had cute hair, no complaints, and the same name as my sister.  Once I was scheduled with her it was on to picking the style.  Hello, Pinterest!  Let's see what I could find.

First up was the previous style I had and really liked, inspired by Jennifer Nettles-



Love it but was wondering if maybe I should try something else this time.  So I started pinning a bunch of things I found on Pinterest and out wandering the web.  These were some of my faves-

Source: google.com via Shelby on Pinterest




Source: zimbio.com via Shelby on Pinterest


Besides them all being blonde, a definite theme was emerging.  Side-swept bangs with a messy layered bob kind of look.  So that's what I went with.  The stylist did it very straight with a flat-iron which looked good but I'm more of a messy, go-with-the-flow girl so this is how it looks when I do it up-






It somehow looks kind of frizzy in the picture which I don't think it looks like at all.  But you get the idea. It is pretty easy to style in the morning but it's only been a few days so I'm still getting the hang of it.  Loving it so far though!  It was long overdue and I'm so glad I finally got it cut.  Oh, and Megan was great too so yay for finding a new stylist!

In other Pinteractive news, I tried this slow cooker sesame chicken recipe that Shannon pinned as well as a tip that you can shred chicken with your KitchenAid mixer.  I was skeptical on the mixer (using paddle attachment) being able to shred chicken but it totally works- in about 20 seconds too.  Awesome.  So a big thanks to Shannon for the tip and for helping me find a new tasty recipe for chicken!  Yay for Pinteractive!!


Nannersp

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! i like it. And I was very curious what you had decided upon. I too got a pinterest inspired haircut last week. :) Love ya!
Tricia

wan said...

I totally have those same cuts pinned! yay!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio