About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, February 13, 2012

Paging Dr. Rex

We had another emergency this morning that required medical attention- George hurt his foot.  At least that was Rex's diagnosis.  It's snowing out today and it didn't seem like a good idea to drive in this kind of weather so it was up to Dr. Rex to get the monkey's foot fixed.

First he had to clamp it_




Next a little suction-


Then the drilling began-


I guess things got a little dicey at that point because he reached for the phone to consult with "Dr. Flimp" (which is what he calls his pediatrician, Dr. Smith).


I'm not real sure what they discussed but apparently George needed to relax on a monkey pillow pet and have Turner the screwdriver shoved up his nose.  Not sure how this fixes a monkey's foot but clearly I'm not the expert here.  Looks like Rex was expecting it to get a little messy at this point since he decided to add the full face splash shield.


So that was our morning.  I'm thinking doctor set for Rex's birthday because the medical treatment one receives here is pretty sketchy.  Would you want your doctor coming at you with a welding mask, power drill, Black & Decker clamp, and a Handy Manny screwdriver?  I sure wouldn't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"S"

"S"

"S...Mit"

"S...Mit"

"Dr. Smith"

"Dr. Flimp!!!"

Anonymous said...

Haha! Ara would be proud. :) He's growing up so fast, Shelby!
Tricia

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio