About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Busy Little Bees

We have been so busy lately, buzzing around the house trying to get everything torn out of the kitchen and lining up everything that needs to happen next. We go over to the house every day after work and stay until at least 9:00 p.m. And we've been there for the past two weekends, working all day long on things. Unfortunately, that doesn't leave me much time for blogging :o( Anyhow, Rob and I worked together on getting the vinyl flooring out of the kitchen and that was tough. Rob got the existing tile out of the entry but then I had to go back through and pull out all the staples that were left behind from the plywood board the tile was sitting on. There were hundreds of them and that was a pain. Literally. I kept getting my pinky smashed between the pliers and the floor while I was pulling those staples out. I got a blister on my hand too from the pliers. We ordered the new tile floor and that goes in next week, after the plumber comes out and does a few little chores for us. We also ordered all our cabinets from IKEA and those should be delivered to us in 2-3 weeks. On top of that, we have to keep up with the yard work and the grass grows like crazy out here! Speaking of...

Spring is definitely here and it’s gorgeous. Everything is clean and fresh and in bloom and it looks so much better than I expected it to look. The grass is such a beautiful green- you don’t see grass like that in the Central Valley in California. It almost hurts your eyes to look at it. There must be a thousand poppies in our backyard (not really but there are a LOT!) that are just starting to bloom. When they really get going, I’ll be sure to take a picture and post it here. In fact, I’ll be putting up a few pictures soon of what we’ve been up to with the house lately. I would’ve done it now, but the battery on my camera is dead and that needs to charge up first.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio