About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Yard (Or Should that be Hard?) Work

So here is what our house looked like Saturday morning:




Here is what it looked like Saturday afternoon:




And here is what it looks like now:




The house has this really cool stone on the front of it that you could hardly see with those enormous bushes in the way. The chair of the horticulture department stopped by our house last Thursday night and gave us some tips and advice on different things. One thing he recommended was taking those out- which just happened to be something I was advocating for a while now. So while Rob's in California visiting with friends and family and racing, I thought it would be a good time to tear them out and have a little surprise for him when he gets back home. As you can see, I still have a little pile of branches to be picked up and bagged but I ran out of time. There are still three stumps there too that I was unable to get out. I worked on the first stump for about 5 hours on Saturday but it still wouldn't budge. I think I'm going to have to get some professional yard help to get those out. However, we now own pruning shears, a pruning saw, an ax and something we always called a "persuader" in my family. It is a piece of metal that is about five feet long and probably weighs around 50 pounds. One end is pointed and the other is flat. Thankfully, all my limbs are still attached although I do have numerous scratches, cuts and bruises that I didn't have before all this started.

Technical note: They just "helped" us at blogger by adding an autosave feature which makes it nearly impossible for me to post. They claim to have it fixed but that's why I haven't posted for a week and why they may be a little sketchy for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelby,

It sounds like you're having fun fixing up your house. Good luck with everything. I enjoy reading your blog :), especially when I need a break from my client project (which is due in a week....yikes!)..ttyl

Anonymous said...

Wow, whoever did all of that yardwork must really be something. It looks really good now.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio