About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Workin' for the Weekend

We've been spending all our time lately at the house, working on getting the kitchen torn up so that we can put it back together. We had the plumber out last week to take care of a few chores and the new tile floor is getting put in this week. I finally earned a little weekend furlough for all my hard work, as you will see below. Rob was ripping up the vinyl flooring in the kitchen but the cardboard backer on the vinyl would not come up too. I had to wet it all down with water and then scrape it off with a putty knife. It sucked. I have no idea why I'm smiling in the picture.



You can see the purplish-stuff is the cardboard layer that I still needed to get up. And it smelled like.... well, it was bad. I'll just leave it at that.



As I mentioned, I got to take the weekend off and I went out to LA to visit my bestie, Nanette and her husband. We had a great time- mostly eating, shopping and doing girly-stuff like massages and pedicures. We made it to my favorite LA places to eat which are Versailles and Bay Cities Deli. We also tried a new place, Jin Patisserie, in Venice and had their high tea special which was wonderful and a good deal at only $18. And then you just can't beat seeing a good butt statue in Beverly Hills.



It was a wonderful break but we'll be back at work this week. And don't feel too bad for Rob- he gets this weekend off to join his buddies at the race track in California and have some fun time there while I'll be painting and working on the house.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio