About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, June 11, 2007

Bunnies and Fireflies

I don't want to add to any misconception that there isn't much to do here in Iowa, but Rob and I have spent many of our evenings sitting in our living room watching the bunnies and fireflies. Well, we've only been here 10 days so far but we've done that for at least 6 or 7 nights. I think it just amazes us because that doesn't happen where we lived in California. I don't think there are any fireflies at all in California and they are just so fun to watch. I like to think of it as a mini-fireworks show. You don't know where or when they're going to light up, and then it's just so fun to watch the bright burst of light. I tried to take photos of our favorite little friends to share with you. The bunny wasn't so hard to capture with a camera but the firefly was very tricky. They only light up for about 2 seconds and it takes longer than that for the camera to take the picture. I just took photos of the dark night until I finally captured one that you'll see below. It's the one that is the blurr ray of light and you would swear was not a picture of anything but rather the camera mistakenly going off while it's operator is trying to figure out what is going on. But that is not the case- it really is a firefly. It isn't anywhere as cool as they are to see in person but I wanted to share it anyhow because I am so proud of myself for actually getting a picture of one, even if it does look like a blurry ray of light!


3 comments:

Nanette said...

Oooooh, fun! Cute little firefly light!

The only kind of bunnies we see in California are these: http://flickr.com/photos/nannersp/451355645/

I MISS YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fireflies are very cool, when I saw them for the first time out here in Virginia I thought I was seeing things...I had to ask my friend what the heck they were :-)

I don't know if you get heat lighting there but that is really cool as well if you do get a chance to see it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelby,

I have enjoyed following your adventures, especially your trip to the race in Knoxville!

-Joe S.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio