About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Friday, June 8, 2007

We'll Be Right Back After This Short Message

We will be online again sometime tomorrow- Yay!! We also will finally have cable tv. We’ve been using the antenna which gets a great signal and gets HD channels pretty good too- except when it’s windy. I have now come to the conclusion that it’s windy a lot here :o( It will be nice to watch uninterrupted television and play on the internet again.

We got all moved in last Saturday and turned in all our keys and such to the old apartment. It looks a little crazy through most of the house but it’s getting better. It sure was nice to have some time off when we moved into first apartment in Iowa. I had about two weeks to get us all settled and unpacked. I wish I had even just a week to do that again in the house. We’ve been doing a ton of yard work. It seems that the previous owner probably just couldn’t keep up with everything so there’s a lot of cleaning up, weeding and pruning to do in addition to just mowing all the lawn we have. Once we get it cleaned up and cleared out, we’ll go back in with some borders (there are none anywhere now- everything just grows into each other and it makes me crazy!) and wood chips. We want to make it all look good for now and then add plants and flowers back in as we’re able to fill in any bare spots. We’re trying to keep a lot of things but some just have to go.

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Now I have BNL's Old Apartment stuck in my head. ;)

I'm so excited for you getting all settled into your new place! I can't wait to see it myself!

Shelby said...

That was what I was thinking when I typed it but I wasn't sure if there were any BNL fans that read this and would catch that- besides you, of course ;o)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio