About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Wish You Were Here

If I wrote a postcard to my kitchen cabinets, it would go like this:

Hi! We moved in last week and we are anxiously awaiting your arrival. It’s great here and it will be even better when you get here too. Rob and I miss you and can’t wait to see you!

You may recall my Cabinet Debacle post from a few weeks ago. We ordered all new kitchen cabinets from IKEA and they were to be delivered to us, at our new house. There was a problem with the processing of the order (that they didn’t tell me about) and I had to re-place the order about 2 ½ weeks ago. Finally, after 5 ½ weeks of waiting, our kitchen cabinets arrived earlier this week on Tuesday, June 12th at approximately 9:00 a.m.

They came on a big pallet:



On a big truck:



And were delivered by two big guys who had a little trouble getting them up our steep driveway but they got them into the garage. Now they sit, reminding us of all the work we should be doing on them. And we will but first Rob had to seal the grout on the new floors (which he did Tuesday night- he did a great job!). Next up is the electrician who will be out next week to move some things around for us and add other things in. After that, I have to get the painting done which means in the next week or so, we need to pick a color. We’re thinking a light green right now but we haven’t picked out which “Fresh Cut Grass” or “Dewy Morning” or “Homestead Resort Parlor Sage” we want. Those aren’t actually colors we’re thinking of, I’m just trying to pick on the paint industry and the crazy names they give paint. After all that, then we can get going on the cabinets. We’ll be sure to take pictures as we’re (okay, as Rob is) putting them together and installing them. I am willing to help him, I just don’t know if I will actually be able to help, or just be in the way.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio