About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Settling In

We've been in the house for eight days now and things are starting to come together. The media room is set up. Just what we needed too- things to distract us from all the work we should be doing. The computer/work area is set up in the bedroom closet on the other side of the loveseat in the picture below:



The living and dining room are looking pretty good. Note our temporary cooking and food/dish storage along the right side of the photo:



It's still pretty chaotic in our eventual master bedroom (right now we are in what will be the guest room once we get this room done):



And I think it will be a while before we park in the garage:



Our kitchen cabinets are due to be delivered sometime this week. I won't know for sure until a day or two before but I'm hoping it will be towards the end of the week since the cabinets need to go in the garage you see above. There is absolutely no room for them. We better work hard this week to get it cleared out so the delivery guys will have a place to put the cabinets. It's amazing the percentage of boxes that are kitchen items. We've unpacked a quite a bit and still have some more but a lot of what is sitting around goes in the kitchen and it will be a while before we get to that. I purchased our gas range, microwave and dishwasher earlier this week at Lowe's. Rob didn't go with me because we had them picked out already and he doesn't really care for spending that much money. I don't like it too much either but it's something I was expecting and budgeting for so it doesn't bother me so much.

We did manage to get a home-cooked meal last night and had the leftovers tonight. I bought a Marie Callendar's crockpot-meal-in-a-bag thing in the frozen foods aisle of the grocery store, dumped it in the crock pot and it turned out to be delicious! We had the beef stew version but I think we'll be trying some others in the future. It was so nice not to eat out- even the leftovers seemed like a treat.

There's plenty more going on around here but I think I'll save that for another night!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio