About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Work in Progress

Before we took the day off to be VIPs, Rob worked really hard all day Saturday to get the kitchen cabinet frames put together. I got to supervise which I learned meant that I got to do very important things like fetch tools and make chocolate milk. The cabinets are ready for installation now but we still have some work to do to get the kitchen ready. The walls had to be patched and sanded, which Rob is working on at this very minute. I would help but he tells me not to. I don't think it's because I would do a bad job, he just likes to do it himself. I'm also smart enough to realize that not helping means I get to do whatever I want instead of working ;o) So I blog and wait for my turn to get in there so I can start my painting. We dediced on a light green called "Soothing Aloe" that we can use on the walls and ceiling and not have to worry about cutting in. It is so much easier that way. Here's my honey hard at work in a sea of cardboard boxes, tools scattered everywhere, a million little plastic packages of cabinet hardware, horrible instructions booklets (seriously- can you put some words in those instruction booklets, please?) and cabinets:



0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio