About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, August 20, 2007

Hey Good Lookin', Whatcha Got Cookin'?

This is what I've got cooking-


And this is what I cooked it in!







If you need to refresh your memory, you can go here to see what it used to look like. There are also photos of the whole renovation there too. It feels so good to be (mostly) done. Somehow, we ran out of hinges so the cabinet under the sink and the one to the left of the stove don't have their doors on yet. The cabinet to the right of the stove should have 4 drawers but somehow we ended up without the drawer fronts. I think we'll be making another trip to IKEA this weekend to get those items so we can have it finished. We're also having a hard time picking out light fixtures for above the sink and over where the table will go (which is what that empty space in the last picture is for).

Our first dinner was so good! We had Pot Roast in Beer, Oven Roasted Red Potatoes, green beans and jello salad. And now we get to look forward to leftovers- yummy :o) Tonight I think I may try baking something (probably cookies) to see how the convection part of my oven works.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Yea!! It looks so pretty!

Nanette said...

That's GREAT, Shelb!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Oh, and the kitchen's not bad either! Love Ya Guys! El Kabong

Anonymous said...

The pictures are GREAT! It's nice that it's almost finished and finished enough to cook in. CONGRATS!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio