About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Thursday, August 9, 2007

It Isn’t All Work and No Play

Usually this space is filled up with tales of our latest adventures (and frequently, misadventures) in kitchen remodeling but I thought I’d let you all know that we do still sometimes get out and have some fun too. We went to Knoxville and watched the 360 Nationals last weekend. For all of Shelby’s friends/family, that doesn’t mean that they just spin around in circles (360 degrees) but the “360” actually refers to something to do with the size of the engine. The 410 Nationals (bigger cars which are a bigger deal) are a 4-day event and were supposed to start yesterday but were rained out. Rob’s going back to Knoxville tonight (about an hour’s drive) to spend some time with friends and watch some more racing. Then we’ll both head over on Saturday to watch the finals that evening.

We also went to the driving range at a local golf course that Rob is playing on Friday. He wanted to scope it out and he hasn’t even hit a ball since we moved so he needed to get the cobwebs off the clubs. He asked me if I wanted to go and though it’s been over 5 years since I was at a driving range, I said, “Why not? It’ll be ugly but I’ll go.” So we packed up both our sets of clubs and took off. I didn’t embarrass myself nearly as bad as I was expecting and it was nice to be outside doing something besides yardwork (like I did last night). I don’t know if I even care about playing a round of golf, but I sure like the satisfying feeling you get when you hit a good shot off the tee at the range.

And finally, just so it doesn’t look like Rob picks all the activities, we did go out to dinner in Des Moines recently and then we went to see the latest Harry Potter movie. This was definitely not his idea but he was a good sport and I think even had a good time.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio