About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, August 6, 2007

I Can Almost Taste the Lasagna

My sister-in-law asked recently what the first meal was that I wanted to make once the kitchen was done. I had to think a while because I hadn't even thought about that yet. I finally remembered that I had been wanting to make lasagna since we lived in our apartment. We were too busy working on the house already though and I never had a chance. So I told her that I wanted that to be my first meal prepared in my new kitchen. It's also a good way to test how well everything cleans up since the previous time I made it, I got it everywhere! I think I'll be making that dinner in a few short weeks because the kitchen is coming along really well and there are even things in the upper wall cabinets as you can see.





We haven't put things in the bottom cabinets yet because we still have to put the countertops on and things in the base cabinets could get in the way. We ordered our new countertops last week at Menards (like a Lowe's or Home Depot) and they should be in sometime this weekend, maybe by Friday. Also due to arrive soon will be our stainless steel backsplash that we ordered last week at a welding/metalshop place here in town. After we put those in, we can get all the appliances in place and we'll be ready to go!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

mangiare la bevanda ed essere allegro!!
(eat, drink and be merry)

miss you and can't wait to see you
:-)

Nanette said...

Oooh! Nice! I'm excited to see it all in person someday, hopefully sooner rather than later!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio