About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sooo Close Now

We were able to pick up the backsplash Friday afternoon (technically, I suppose it was delivered) and then got the countertop Saturday morning. I'm not feeling too wordy or descriptive right now because I am pretty tired from all the work we've been doing ever since so I'll just let the pictures below tell our story.

Here's Rob installing the countertop:


As it turned out, one piece of the backsplash was too long. It was the biggest piece and would not fit in our vehicle so we had to come up with some way to get it cut down without a plasma cutter like the metal shop used. We went to Lowes and found the cheapest grinder we could find and here is Rob, grinding it down to make it fit.


Here's a picture of the kitchen where you can see some of the backsplash in and countertops. There is a backsplash on the wall along the right side of the picture but it still has the protective white plastic on it. We just put that up tonight and are waiting for the adhesive to dry before we peel that off.


A better picture of the backsplash with the white plastic still on- you can also see the microwave brace that we got up.


And finally, the one wall we have totally done.


It's all gone pretty well but there have been a few challenges along the way. We just can't wait to be done.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I think I'm going to nickname my brother "Sparky"!
:-)

Nanette said...

Keep up the good work, Robly! Or Shelob. Or whatever your combined name would be ala Benifer.

Anonymous said...

I like the way the kitchen is coming along. It looks purty. Oh yeah..we are going to put another softball team together at the city...we'll miss our cheerleader.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio