About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Friday, February 22, 2008

Just Cribs- No MTV

I have had the hardest time finding a crib I like. I really like modern furniture and am definitely not into the foofy or overly done. I had just decided that finding a reasonably-priced modern crib is impossible and that I'd have to settle for something that was just okay. Lucky for me, DwellStudio launched a line of baby items at Target, including the wonderful and amazing (sorry to get all Tom Cruise on you but it is!) Soho Crib. By the time I figured all of this out, the walnut and white crib has been out of stock with no promise of having more anytime soon. You can still get the pink one but what good does that do me? Finally, this afternoon it was available again- YAY!!!! I ordered it right away and hopefully it will be arriving early next month.



The bedding that is shown in the picture is okay but I wasn't in love with it. I have the same issues I did with the crib- I wanted something modern and not too foofy or baby-ish and definitely no cars, animals or sports on it. I recently discovered that WalMart has a line of modern baby stuff under the brand name of "Baby Mod" and it is all super-cute. I am not usually a Wal-Mart shopper at all and I was shocked to find such cute stuff there. I picked out the Orchard Park set for our little guy's room:



Those of you who know me really well will be shocked to see that the bedding has birds on it. I hate birds and generally try to stay far away. I decided that the bedding was cute despite this and that I should not impress my prejudices and dislikes on my child. Maybe he'll like birds- who knows? I'm just relieved to have these purchases made and know that we're on our way to getting the nursery put together.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

Super cute!!! All of it!

Rachel said...

Goose would love to sink her teeth into that one!

Anonymous said...

Birds?!! I never woulda thunk it! I like Orchard Park...very cute! El Kabong

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio