About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, February 25, 2008

Doing Our Part

There’s a lot of concern about the economy now but we are doing our part to keep it going. We bought a few things for baby this weekend including his stroller and car seat. The plan was to go to Babies R Us and get the Graco Quattro Tour stroller/car seat combo in the Deco pattern. But when we got there, there was one couple looking it all over and some clerks were trying to find one in the back for another couple to purchase. I asked one of the sales clerks if they were selling a lot in that pattern and she said, “A ton.” That was it for me- I can’t stand having the same thing as everyone else. I just like my stuff to be a little different. I still wanted the same brand so we ended up getting the same brand and style stroller and car seat but in the “French Roast” fabric. There may be even more of those out there but whatever. It will also transition better if we have a girl later so I think it worked out for the best and I am very happy with our purchases.



We also picked up a Born Free bottle gift set. There was a story on the news recently about how when you heat up most bottles, a chemical (Bisphenol-A) is released that can be bad for baby. The Born Free brand doesn’t have that in them but they can be hard to find. We also picked up a diaper bag set that matches the stroller and car seat and some bibs.

All the baby purchases were made during a pretty long shopping trip to Des Moines on Saturday morning. We woke up really early and decided to just get ready and go get some breakfast and do our shopping. We also bought some curtains for the kitchen. The kitchen is on the front of the house and there are two big windows that have been uncovered the entire time we’ve lived there. It’s nice to feel like we have a little privacy now and that the whole neighborhood doesn’t know what we are having for dinner each night. On Sunday we did a lot of chores and cleaning up around the house- I had both sets of washers and dryers going almost all day. We also watched the Oscars in the evening though I missed out on the last few because I could not stay awake. I don't think I've seen any of the movies yet since hardly any of them are on DVD. I will catch up though as soon as they are out because there are quite a few I would really like to see.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio