About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend Update

This weekend was pretty slow for us which was just fine since we’d been in California for almost a week and this was our first weekend home again. And it was the only weekend we had at home before we leave for Florida on Wednesday for another week. I tried to get a lot of our laundry done and cook a little so we could enjoy some food from home before having to eat out again for a week. I do enjoy going out to dinner, lunch and breakfast once a week or so but when you have to do all three, every day for a week, it kind of sucks the fun out of it and I start to miss food from home. I have to say that going to California is good because we get some of our moms' cooking and eating at the places we miss. Anyhow, Rob worked on Saturday, I went to the gym and we watched a lot of Daytona stuff on tv to get ready for the trip next weekend. I need to make a run to Target before we go but I think we’re all set. I picked up some maternity capris, shorts and a shirt from Old Navy and Motherhood Maternity while we were in California and I can not wait to wear them. It is 4 degrees right now (-14 with the wind chill), it snowed last night and it’s supposed to snow more this afternoon and evening. The weather is looking good for traveling on Wednesday so I am very pleased about that.

My purchases:




I actually got this one in blue, not pink like is shown here:



Our plans for Florida mainly center on our trip to the Daytona 500 on Sunday- the tickets were Rob’s Christmas present and the reason for the trip. We will be staying at one of the Disney resorts for the week and will go to Disney World for probably two days but maybe three. We are planning on going to the Kennedy Space Center one day and just taking it easy at the resort another day. I have reservations for us for dinner at 'OHanas (my favorite Disney World restaurant) on Valentines Day which will be so much nicer than our first Valentine’s Day as a married couple- we spent that one packing all my stuff from my apartment into our moving truck last year. We had a nice dinner with Rob’s family but honestly, it was kind of a crappy day besides that. Finally, we have tickets to see a Cirque du Soleil performance while we are there too. I am so excited to have a little vacation to relax and have some fun with the hubby while it is still just the two of us and before our life gets turned upside down!

1 comments:

Nanette said...

Cute purchases! And I'm excited to hear all about your trip!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio