About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, February 11, 2008

Two Seats, Please!

Finally, here is the blog posting about the concert that I promised two weeks ago. Rob didn’t get around to writing it so I’m going to share the story. We excitedly arrived to the Martina McBride concert and got to our seats about 5-10 minutes before the concert was to start. Everyone in our row was already there and every single one of them would qualify for the “overweight” category. The smallest one had to weigh 100 pounds more than me and probably 50-60 pounds more than Rob. Most unfortunately, the two that were on either side of our empty seats would qualify for the “morbidly obese” category. We see this as we are walking up and stand to the side trying to discuss which one of us will sit by which one of them. The worst part is that the seats are just one big line of folding chairs (our seats were on the floor level) so these people are oozing into our seats and are not contained by armrests or anything like that. We make our seat choices and sit down and it is miserable. I could not sit all the way back in my seat because there just wasn’t enough room. I ended up sitting kind of sideways in my seat which I paid for over the next 24 hours with an achy lower back. We put up with this for the first two opening acts and then we were done with it. Thankfully, Rob knew someone working there who was able to get us different seats where we had more room. The new seats were farther from the stage so it wasn’t a great solution but it was an improvement. The thing that was most irritating to me is that we were the little people who actually fit in our seats and we were the ones that had to move and were inconvenienced. I’m so tired of having to deal with this problem at theaters, sporting events, on airplanes and everywhere else I go. Those people should be forced to buy two seats if they can’t fit into one because I’m tired of sharing a quarter to half of my seat with them. Maybe I should charge them for it- my seat was $60 so since you are in a quarter of it, you need to give me $15! I know it’s not a practical solution but I sure wish I could find a way to do it. I know I sound very unsympathetic to the plight of the heavy/overweight person but I understand better than they think. It's been almost 2 years since I lost 65 pounds and I know very well that dieting is not fun at all. But life is so much better when you are at a healthy weight. Anyhow, other than that, it was a great concert. Really, it was. Martina was wonderful and the opening acts, Jack Ingram and Lady Antebellum were also really good.

2 comments:

Nanette said...

That sucks! I'm glad you guys were able to find a better option.

Anonymous said...

That's the funniest story! It made me laugh.
Tricia

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio