About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Special Delivery

They’re here! The crib was delivered by the wonderful folks at UPS yesterday and we picked up the crib bedding on Tuesday. I haven’t mentioned it yet but there was some disagreement in our house about the crib- it turned out Rob wasn’t really too in love with it. It was on backorder all the time and then when I finally saw it was available, I just went ahead and ordered it without really knowing how he felt. It’s from Target so I just figured if it got here and he did not like it or want it, we could just take it to our local store and return it and start over. Thankfully, now that it’s here he seems to be okay with it and we’re going to keep it after all. Yay! We had agreed on the crib bedding when I ordered it and are very pleased with it. I was a little surprised when I picked it up because what I thought was orange in the bedding actually turned out to be yellow. No problem though- I like the yellow better. Is it just me or don’t those apples look like they are an orangey color?



Anyhow, now we need to figure out how to accessorize the room because there are no matching curtains, lamps, rugs, wall art, etc. to go with the bedding. Rob is going to paint a set of four pictures, one with each of the objects in the bedding (apple, leaf, tree and bird). There is no way I could do that but I’m sure he’ll do a great job with it. We also need to get a crib mattress so that we can get the crib and bedding all put together and finished. There’s still a lot we need to buy actually! I try to just focus on one or two things at a time though so I don’t get too overwhelmed. These kids need a lot of stuff and cost a lot of money! I think that statement qualifies for an “Understatement of the Year” award :o) We are planning on putting the crib together this weekend so I will be sure to put up some pictures of it once it is all done.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks cap!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio