About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, March 31, 2008

You Say It’s Your Birthday- It’s My Birthday Too

This weekend I celebrated my birthday- I won’t say which one because now that they are past 30, who cares? I really wanted to make tacos at home for dinner last night so that is what we had. Rob went out and got the groceries and then helped cook it up which was really nice. We watched Dan in Real Life while we ate dinner and both really enjoyed that. I didn’t know the story but rather just rented it because Steve Carrell was in it and he makes me laugh. It was kind of a chick-flick but one that guys can enjoy still too. I didn’t have a birthday cake but we shared a piece of lemon raspberry cheesecake that we picked up in Des Moines the day before when we went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. I cleaned the house a little and did some laundry but mostly it was just a relaxing day.

Saturday was a bit more exciting because we drove to Des Moines to do a little shopping and go out to lunch. We went to Babies R Us first and picked up the crib mattress, mattress pad and some receiving blankets for the little guy. Then we went to Motherhood Maternity so I could pick up some new clothes for my birthday present from my husband. So far I have bought maternity clothes at JC Penney, Target, Old Navy and Motherhood and I have to say that I like Motherhood’s stuff the best. They definitely have the best selection, the prices are good and things just seem to fit better. Here’s what I got:

Denim Skirt:



Shirt:



Capris (I got two pairs- one white and one stone):



I also got a black dress that is my favorite item but I can’t find a picture of it on their website. It’s short with short sleeves and it looks like a shirtdress with the collar on it but then it doesn’t have all the buttons down the front- which is always the worst part of a shirtdress. We then went to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and hit a few more stores before we headed back home. There was a store at one of the malls in Des Moines that specialized in retro/vintage home furnishings that was a lot of fun. We did not end up buying anything there but it made me realize we have picked up some awesome pieces at yard sales. We’ll definitely have to try and keep going to those this summer too for more good finds.

I’ve been meaning to do a post on the Bunco group I joined because I am having a blast with that. I really miss the poker nights we used to have in California with all my friends and this is turning out to be a good substitute. It’s a group of 12 ladies and we get together once a month to play. The game couldn’t be easier which is nice since I had no idea how to play. There’s plenty of snacks and drinks to be had so we all have a great time hanging out. I have even won the prize for most Buncos both times that we’ve played so that’s always nice. Might have something to do with the fact that I am always the sober one…

4 comments:

Nanette said...

Cute stuff! And I'm so happy to hear you joined a Bunco group! It's a great way to make friends, I'm sure. :)

Rachel said...

Cool skirt...take a picture of the dress so we can see it! I'm so glad you got to go shopping on your birthday weekend!
Trix

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelby!!! Happy Belated Birthday, sorry I'm late! I've been on vacation and that's no excuse, but I'm going to use it anyway. I hope it was a good one, and I'll give you a call soon. Love ya!
Tricia

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio