About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Nesting, Nesting- 1…2…3

The nesting phase has begun! Since we moved into the house, we’ve had a difficult time deciding where furniture should go. We’ve also been buying some furniture and had to find places for that to go. Everything has been moved around quite a bit and now that we are finally satisfied with it, I am feeling the need to decorate. Until the past weekend, we had absolutely nothing on any of our walls. It is a little barren looking and I would very much like to have it looked finished. On Friday I bought a bunch of matching black frames and Rob hung them in our hallway over the weekend. This will be our family photo display area. I have some pictures printed and put in the frames but there is still some work to be done. I also bought a bunch of silver frames with white matting for our artsy photos that will be hung in the entry, kitchen and living room. Some are photos that I have taken but others were ones I found online. Since we needed so much art, I had to get creative and find a cheaper way to do it than just go out and buy framed prints for all these spaces. I’ve used Walgreens for all the printing because you can get large size prints (up to 20” by 30”) for super-cheap and they look pretty good. I think I found all the frames and matting I needed at either Michaels or Wal-Mart. Now I just can’t wait for our Ikea trip at the end of the month to pick up the rest of the stuff I would like to get for the house so we can finish off our bedroom and the living room areas!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the blog title...very radio!
Trix

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio