About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, April 14, 2008

Aren’t the Weekends for Resting?

We had another busy weekend around the house with getting the nursery put together and chores around the house. We bought a glider chair this weekend and got a twin mattress for the bed in the nursery. I washed two loads of the little guy’s clothes, towels, bibs, sheets, etc and put them all away in his dresser- that’s probably the most fun I’ve ever had doing laundry! Rob did a lot of pruning work in the yard on Sunday and I helped a little too but mostly stayed inside cleaning and doing laundry.

Our new glider chair:


We did watch There Will Be Blood on Friday night and I watched Enchanted on Sunday afternoon. Here are my reviews for the two- first of all, I really enjoyed Enchanted and liked how they tied in so many fairy tale/Disney clichés and made a fun movie out of it. As for There Will Be Blood, I really enjoyed watching Daniel Day Lewis. He’s just amazing- I don’t know what else to say. But the story, I didn’t think it was that great. We also cooked up some pretty good food for dinner on Saturday and Sunday nights. On Saturday, I made chicken cordon bleu and we had some corn and mashed potatoes (for Rob) and rice (for me) with it. I always had it in my head that chicken cordon bleu was a very difficult thing to make but this recipe was super easy and it came out really good. By the way, the Market Pantry brand (I think that's what it is- Market something) frozen corn from Target is sooo good! I usually like canned corn better than frozen but that is the best corn (besides fresh off the cob) that I think I’ve ever had. Anyhow, that was a really good dinner and then Rob made teriyaki beef kebabs on the barbecue on Sunday night. The marinade for the meat in this recipe is wonderful. I made a salad and some pilaf to go with it so we ate really good this weekend- and now we have leftovers to look forward to this week!

2 comments:

Nanette said...

I imagine that folding that first load of laundry included a lot of, "Awwwww! Look how SMALL this is!" :)

Rachel said...

ummm...kebabs!! I love how you refer to the baby as "little guy" :-) I can't wait to meet him!
Auntie Trix

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio