About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Keeping Busy

I am loving all the spring weather we are enjoying now- it was even 75 degrees today! But with spring now in full swing, we've been busy getting the front and back yards fixed up. The backyard had a lot of overgrown shrubs and bushes (we inherited it that way- it's not our fault!) and we've been trying to get them under control now, while we still can. We didn't have much time for the yard last year and we are trying to get off to a better start this year. I planted about 150-200 bulbs in the front yard last fall and they are now starting to pop up. I came home from work today to find that several of them even started to bloom.



You can see the Dumpster in the driveway that was delivered on Monday to put all the trimmings into. We've had to spend a lot of time cutting those trimmings down to make them all fit because there is just so much stuff. There is one pile sitting next to the Dumpster that we were working on tonight. And then there is a bunch more in the backyard still that you can see below- where you can also see some more daffodils that are blooming. It also looks like there are a bunch of weeds there; some are weeds but a lot of those are little iceland poppy plants that will be blooming probably next month.



It's really been odd to me to have daffodils at the end of April- in California, I think they always bloomed mid-late February. I had another little surprise in the front yard today. In addition to all the new daffodils out there, I saw a few hyacinth starting to bloom. I had totally forgotten that I planted those! Here's a close-up of one.



I promise to post more photos of all the flowers as they bloom- as long as the bunnies don't find them and eat them all first!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

pretty!

Nanette said...

Can I just say that I love you for uppercasing "Dumpster" as it should be?

Signed,
Grammar Geek

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio