About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Freeze Watch

So much for shooting my mouth off about spring and our 70 degree weather- last night we had a freeze warning and it got down to about 27 degrees last night. Brrr! We had to cover up all our bulbs in the yard to protect them. It looked a little ridiculous and, unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of it. Imagine driving by a house that has a random assortment of tarps and buckets and storage containers turned upside down over their plants and you'll have a good idea what our front yard looked like. It seemed to work though; the plants are doing just fine today. The red hyacinth are really starting to look good and you can even see some of the tulips getting ready to pop open.



We spent the weekend working on the house some more- big surprise there. Rob finished up the yard work and got all the pruning completed and the Dumpster is ready to be hauled away. I helped some too but he did a lot of the work. For the rest of the summer, all we should need to do is just general upkeep. Thank goodness for that. It was also finally time to get the lawnmower out and mow the lawn for the first time this year.



He also put together the glider we bought a few weeks ago.



We thought we did so good buying that glider- it was such a bargain compared to the ones at Babies R Us. Well, it doesn't feel anywhere near as good to sit in as the ones that cost three times as much. We discussed what to do about the situation since neither of us are thrilled with it. It just sits and swings very stiff and when you sit in any of the ones at Babies R Us, they are so comfy that you could just fall right asleep as soon as you sit in one. We decided that we will keep this one and see if we can get a better seat cushion and maybe just kind of break it in so it's not so stiff. People are sitting all day long in the ones at Babies R Us and maybe we just need to give this one some time. And maybe we just need to put this one up for sale on Craigslist and get ourselves a fancy glider. We'll have to wait and see.

Some big excitement around our house today is that we got the curtains up in our bedroom and the second set up in the kitchen. They both had to be hemmed before they could be hung. I was dragging my feet getting them to a seamstress and then when I did, it took a month to get them back. It's a good feeling to have those rooms just a little closer to being finished.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the curtains. Your pretty plants in the yard look great. Glad you covered them. El Kabong

Angie said...

We bought the same glider at Walmart and although we used it for a little while, it will be going up for sale on Craigslist. I definitely recommend getting a nicer one where the back reclines and the cushions are more comfortable.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio