About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving from Iowa! We cooked a big dinner here at home but we did cheat a little. We bought a package from our supermarket that had the turkey already cooked, gravy, rolls, pie and cranberry sauce. You had to heat up the turkey and gravy but it was super-easy. There was just no time to do a full dinner and look after a two year old and 6 month old. Here's our tasty dinner (we had dinner rolls and jello too but they didn't make it in the photo).



And here are Rob and Rex enjoying the tasty dinner.



Rex liked it all except the sweet potatoes.



Tomorrow is time to put up the Christmas lights and decorate the house- yay! I love, love, love doing that. I got some new stuff for the outside of the house already. I realized that my decorating inside is going to be sparse for the next few years (thank you boys) and so I should focus on the outside of the house. I'm way excited about it. The holiday season around here is made even busier by 7 family birthdays between November 23rd and January 23rd. It is a lot to keep track of and try to get everything bought/ordered/mailed/shipped/wrapped on time. Anyhow, the decorating hopefully will begin tomorrow and definitely will be done by Sunday night- except for the tree. I don't know what in the world to do to keep Rex away from it. Last year we put the short tree up on a 3-foot tall stand but he is so much taller this year that we need to come up with a different plan. If you have any ideas, please leave a comment with your idea!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've joked about hanging it from the ceiling. Aliya never touched it and Aden is a whole different animal! That is my 2 cents! Amy

Anonymous said...

When you were nine months old (your first Christmas)I put the tree inside the playpen. You wouldn't stay in it anyway so I figured at least the tree would be safe inside it if you were going to be crawling and climbing around outside it! Love Ya...The Boys' Nana

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio