About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It was a busy month

October was crazy busy and I still don't have much time so I'm going to let the pictures do most of the talking. Rob spent every spare minute framing a section of our roof that used to be flat. It seemed like it wasn't too big of a job and that he could do it in no time. We were so wrong. And now when I look at this picture I think, "That's a lot of work- what were we thinking?!"



He also has put all the plywood on and now we are going to turn the project over to someone else for getting the ice shield, paper and shingles on. Yay for that because we all miss Rob. We tried giving Wyatt some rice cereal recently. He looks so tiny in the highchair compared to Rex.



It was not the greatest experience ever for any of us. He screamed and cried and refused to swallow it by the second bite. He just sat there screaming with it all pooled in the bottom of his mouth. I don't know what to do. He only wants breastmilk and refuses to drink from a bottle so it's getting tough on me after almost 6 months of it. He needs to eat something else. The one thing he will eat? His foot.



This picture shows his eye color the best but I still don't know what it is. I am tempted to say hazel but they could still go brown I suppose. I think that blue is definitely out now but it could go either way with the hazel and brown still. I have been working with Wyatt for just a few days on the blankets, trying to get him to roll over and today he did it all on his own! He was actually in his crib and I missed it because I went to the living room to get his carseat. I left and he was on his back and when I returned he was on his tummy! Besides eating his toes and rolling over, he also loves to get in his jumperoo.



He is actually asleep in the thing right now. He just wore himself out. He gets bored a lot so it's nice that he is loving that jumperoo so much for now.

The latest Rex news is he went on his first trick-or-treating adventure this past weekend. I got him a monkey outfit since he loves Curious George and all monkeys so much. It was a good choice because the kid loved it.



Rob took him around the neighborhood and he came back with some pretty funny stories. First, Rex would say "trick or treat" to some people but he made monkey sounds for just about everyone. He loves to ring doorbells so he was thrilled to be able to do that for once instead of being told that we can't just ring everyone's doorbell. I think my favorite part though was the fact that he actually just walked right in to a few people's houses. Nice. Rob had to go in and get him out of there. Well, he rang the doorbell but when they opened the door, he just cruised right in. He got a nice little supply of candy. He has never had it before but now he tells us " fun candy" "candy more" and "candy mmm" all the time. Here he is with some of his "fun candy".



Sorry for being such a slacker blogger last month but with Rob so busy up on the roof all the time, I had very little free time. Since that project is wrapping up now, I plan on doing a much better blogging job for November and the rest of the year!

4 comments:

Nanette said...

What cute little monkeys!!!

So glad Rex had fun trick-or-treating!

Anonymous said...

Oh, he looks like he's enjoying his fun candy wayy too much! That twinkle in his eye is priceless.
Get back on your blogging, woman! One post in October = booooo.

Belinda

Anonymous said...

So glad I'm not the only one - however, Aden will 1 in 2 weeks and the only other food he will sometimes eat is bananas - it is mommy all the time around here! Amy A

Anonymous said...

Your boys are getting so big! Rex is so cute in that last picture! :) That's too funny about Rex cruising on in people's homes. Haha!

tricia

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio