About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Raise the Roof

Rob has been working extremely hard to turn the flat roof portion of our house into a pitched roof. A friend of ours does construction work so we hired him to do the ice shield, paper and shingles and he did such a great job. It was so much work to do all that framing and get the plywood on and we were more than happy to pay someone else to do the rest of it. Rob was pretty worn out and we missed him a lot. But now the roof is all done!

New Roof

The roof was all done by Sunday night which was cutting it pretty close- it rained like cats and dogs here starting Thursday night. There is still a little work to be done with the fascia and siding which Rob will tackle tomorrow. But we know now that it is water tight. Yay for that.

Rob's parents were here for a week visiting. We had fun and I think they really enjoyed their time here with the boys.

Gram and the Boys

Wyatt and Gramps

I haven't been up to a whole lot besides being mommy and trying to be a good hostess to my houseguests. I made some pumpkin bread yesterday, mainly to give as a gift to our neighbors for putting up with all our roof craziness for the past two months. We gave them a bottle of wine too so I think if they were put out at all with our project (and I don't think they really were), they probably don't mind by now. We felt bad though and wanted to do something nice for them because they are outstanding neighbors.

I better scoot off to bed now. Wyatt is back to feeding twice in the night so I have to get my sleep while I can- my opportunities are limited these days.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio