About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Wyatt got into the spirit of things with this special onesie-



Rob and I stayed up for midnight on New Year's Eve- I only got a little kiss though because I was informed that I smelled like pepperoni (we had pizza for dinner). Thanks honey. We spent our New Year's Day taking down the Christmas tree and some of the decorations. We got sidetracked though when we took down the tree and decided to totally redesign our living room. We took the dining table out so it is all living room now. This is mostly because the family room project is costing more than planned and, therefore, taking longer than planned. We all need more room and since we can eat at the table in the kitchen, it was decided that the dining table would be stored in the basement for now and we would have a large living room now. I'm not going to lie, it's a little crowded to eat in the kitchen but since it is only temporary, we can deal with it. New Year's is all about organizing and making life better, right? I'd say we did just that.

I read that in the Japanese culture, sweet potatoes (or satsumaimo, as they call it) is part of a dish called kurikinton which is supposed to bring you wealth in the new year. I don't know what kurikinton is exactly and didn't have any sweet potatoes on hand but I did have a container of Gerber sweet potatoes (I think you see where this is heading). I heated up the container and we all took a bite- even forced a very small amount on Wyatt- in hopes of landing a big prize (HGTV Dream House, perhaps) or a big jackpot (Mega Millions is up to $290 million- Yowza!) in 2011. Not expecting much but it couldn't hurt, right?

As for the rest of my plans for the year, I'm not sure that I have any resolutions prepared. Last year I set out to blog 8 times a month which was reasonable until Wyatt was born. I never met my goal after his birth because I am so busy with the two of them all the time. I did have 19 more posts than 2009 so I consider it a success. I have some weight loss goals that I'd like to meet but until Wyatt sleeps better and I can devote time to my new treadmill in the basement, those goals look pretty tough. I miss my running though and as soon as I can get a decent night's sleep, I am all over that treadmill. I consider myself a pretty organized person but as I look around my house, I see I could make quite a few improvements there. I suppose my goals are to weigh less and be more organized on December 31st than I was on January 1st!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio