About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Curious George Room

When we took Rex out of the crib last summer and put him in his "big boy" bed, it was time to also do a new decorating theme in there. It didn't have much of one before so really it was just time to do some decorating. Rob and I were planning on doing a mountainy, lodgey kind of theme. As I was planning that out I realized that was more for us and what Rex would love is a Curious George room. I started looking for George things to decorate with and came up with nothing. Well, a few posters to choose from and a package of wall decals. No bedding though. Ok, that's not true. There was one set I could find but it was red gingham and not very cute and a little on the girly side. Pottery Barn Kids has some cute bedding now but nothing at the time I was looking. So I commissioned a Curious George quilt to be made by my mom. She found the fabrics and put it all together and it is awesome. I didn't even have to ask him to pose with George; he already had him in his hand.



Then I needed a rug. I thought it would be cool if I could find a rug that looked like a Twister mat. After some internet searching, I found one from Company Kids. The brown chair is not used much so I think we will relocate that when we get the family room done.



Finally, we needed some storage. There were a couple of bookshelves that the previous owners left behind in the basement so we brought one of those upstairs to put toys and books on. I have no idea where we kept all this stuff before. I think a lot of it was just piled on the dresser and the rest was out in our living room. It's also great if you want to cruise through and steal your big brother's toys.





We put up some of the decals around the room but found they didn't stay up too well on our bumpy walls. I put a bunch on the lampshade so he has a Curious George lamp which worked out good but it was a bummer that they don't stay on the walls very good. There were some yellow curtains up that were not very functional so we swapped those out for some red ones that matched and worked better. The alphabet poster finished it off and that is Rex's new Curious George room!

And here are a couple more fun photos from our little photo shoot this morning.



1 comments:

Nanette said...

Soooo cute! Great job, Shelb! I'm sure he loves it!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio