About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Wyatt's First Restaurant Experience

On Wednesday Rob left work a little early and we packed up the boys for a little trip to Des Moines to look for a new table to go in the kitchen. This trip was going to be during dinner time too so I packed up stuff for Wyatt and prepared for his first meal at a restaurant. I fed him lunch at the Jordan Creek mall food court last month on a trip to Des Moines but this was different. We opted for the Machine Shed restaurant since it is a big, noisy, family place. It went pretty good. Wyatt was excited and he likes to scream when he's excited so that was unfortunate. Other than that, Rex did awesome and we had a good meal. Wyatt did eat pretty good when he wasn't looking all around trying to soak up the new experience. We took some photos but didn't want to use a flash so they turned out a little blurry. Oops.





We visited a few places looking at tables and were finally successful at Homemakers. The table and chairs will be delivered next week- yay! Rob finished the painting in the kitchen so by next Wednesday, our kitchen is going to look awesome. We won't have to do any more projects in there for a very long time. There are still lots of projects to do other places though so there are lots of visits to Lowe's and Home Depot in our future. Here are Rex and Wyatt on a recent trip to Home Depot.



Rex loves riding in carts that look like cars- in addition to this one at Home Depot, the supermarkets around here have them too. They don't look like Joey Logano's car but they are still pretty cool.

We were taking a lot of walks and playing outside a bunch but that has ended. It was in the 50s and 60s for a while but now the temperature has dropped and the highs are only in the 30s and 40s. Yikes. It should be warmer by next weekend. Here we are enjoying the sunshine we had.




That's all the excitement that I can think of for us over the last 10 days or so. Wyatt ate a graham cracker, even fed it to himself, this week. That may not sound too exciting to you, but for that guy, there should be a parade in his honor for such an accomplishment. He is such a picky eater. I have no idea where he gets it. [For those of you who don't know me so well, he gets it from me. I only pretend not to know.] Today Rob is going to put the curtains back up in the kitchen and hang the new ones in Wyatt's room so I'll be posting photos of those two areas soon. It feels nice to have some parts of the house looking how I want them and how Rob wants them. I could dwell on all there still is to do but I think I'll just leave it at that and enjoy what we have accomplished so far.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that's your first trip to a restaurant together! Wow! Happy to hear he did well. Miss you so much! Hope you're having a fabulous birthday! Love you!

Tricia

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio