About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Friday, March 4, 2011

Slacker.

Wow- almost 4 weeks since I posted my last blog entry. I haven't been slacking though; it's just been crazy busy around here. I'll work my way back.

My parents returned to California after being at our house for a week. It was so good to see them and we had a good time. We played cards (the boys KILLED the girls- it was ugly), they watched the boys while Rob and I had a very nice dinner out and went to look at laptop computers, and we just had a good time playing with the boys and catching up. We didn't all go anywhere since the weather is still not the greatest and our car doesn't even hold 6 people anyhow. Rob smoked a turkey breast in the smoker and it came out so, so, so very good. We decided we should try and do a whole turkey for Thanksgiving. Here are Nana and Papa with the boys.



The weekend before they got here (almost 2 weeks ago) we took Wyatt on his first trip out of town and went shopping in Des Moines for a little while. I got some new running shoes and Rob got something- I can't remember what right now though. We met some friends for lunch and ate at the food court. I know that sounds kind of lame but we haven't taken Wyatt to a restaurant yet and I wasn't ready to attempt going out of town, shopping and a restaurant experience all at the same time. He did great though. I wish I had gotten some pictures of the trip but I didn't. Bad mommy. Here's a picture of Wyatt and Rex in their matching robot shirts instead.



We got our taxes done a few weeks ago and were happy to learn that we will be getting enough back (I think) to finish the family room project we started last fall. Rob redid the roof (with some help on the shingles), put up some new siding and replaced the six windows before the weather turned cold and snowy. He still needs to put up rain gutters and window trim but most of the exterior work and the things he had to do are finished. We are busy making decisions on what needs to happen to get the room finished. Heating and cooling and the access from the rest of the house are the hot-button issues. I wanted to enlarge the existing single door and have double french doors but since that wall used to be an exterior wall and is therefore a load-bearing wall, it's probably not worth the money and trouble to do that. Anyhow, lots of research to do and decisions to make before we get going again on it.

Wyatt is now 9.5 months old. He had a check-up with his doctor a few weeks ago and he's doing great. He's kind of skinny but I think that has to do with his refusal to eat solid foods until he was 8 months old. Now that he's eating good, it should go up. Rex is doing good too. He drives me crazy sometimes because he completely ignores what he is told to do but just when I've had it up to here with him, he does something so sweet or so funny and I remember what a great kid he is and that he is just two and being a pill goes along with being two. Except when he hit me in the face with a water bottle the other night- then I was just mad. I deserve the presents when he turns 3 I think for getting through the past year. Seriously, he's a good kid, just full of a lot of energy and it is time for spring to come so he can get outside again and get those wiggles out!

Both kids are melting down now so I better end this and get back to them. I haven't taken too many pictures lately but here is one more cute one I found from the past month.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio