About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Friday, March 2, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Us!



Happy anniversary to us! It's been exactly one month today since Rob and I got married. It's hard to believe how much has changed in our lives in those short 4 weeks. And we're having such a great time with all of it. We had planned on going out tonight to celebrate but the blizzard warning for the area means that we'll probably just take it easy and stay in. We can always go out later to celebrate.

Since I haven't blogged about the wedding yet, it seems that this is a great opportunity to do that. The picture above is Rob, me, my sister Megan, my mom Eleanor and my dad Dave. Unfortunately, it's not that great of a picture but so far, that's all I have. We were married in a very small ceremony on the beach in Carmel. I thought it would be in a little more secluded area, but it was just right there at the end of Ocean Avenue. It was kind of fun to have all the strangers around though and get all their well-wishes and see how happy they even were for us. I thought it may be a little weird to be out in the open like that, but it wound up really adding a lot. An older gentleman even stopped by to tell my parents that he and his wife were celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary that day. Wow! I hope we'll be so lucky. Anyhow, it was a beautiful sunny day in Carmel- a rarity- and everything went perfectly. It was just kind of laid back and everyone had a great time. No freaking out that the ringbearer was in his suit, digging in the sand before the ceremony or that the flowergirl did not want to take off her coat. Who cares? These are the things kids do. And I can't blame her- it was quite chilly! We ate at the Little Napoli restaurant in Carmel after the ceremony which was wonderful. We spent the night at The Tradewinds Inn which is, without a doubt, the best place to stay in Carmel. We've stayed there a few times now and it's always wonderful. After that, it was on to Aruba...



Here we are in Aruba, dining at the Marandi restaurant. It was a great place to eat- it was right out on the water and we timed it right so that we could watch the sunset. We stayed at the Hyatt which is an amazing place. They just finished doing renovations to the public areas and are working on redoing the rooms now and it all looked so good. We had such a good time everywhere we went. The only troubles we had were getting there and getting home. On the way there, our flight from Charlotte, NC to Aruba was cancelled so we got down there a day late. AND US Airways sent us from Charlotte to Philadelphia to get a plane to Aruba so there was just a lot of flying- we left Saturday night and didn't get to Aruba until Monday evening. Then our flight OUT of Aruba was cancelled when we were trying to leave but United managed to get us on some Delta flights and we got home the same time as we were supposed to so that wasn't as bad. But, as you can see from our picture and as I mentioned before, we had a wonderful time while we were on the island. Everything is very clean and safe and the people are great. We definitely hope to go back someday!

2 comments:

El Kabong said...

Happy Anniversary to you two indeed! Who said it wouldn't last?! We love and miss you guys.

Nanette said...

Happy belated anniversary, my ninja!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio