About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Sunday, March 25, 2007

So Much To Say

Sorry that it's been a while since the last blog- it's been a busy time for us. Our home search really kicked into high gear and two days ago, we got a house! It is exactly what we were looking for and the price was great. One thing I learned is that it is way different buying a house here as compared to back in California. It moves so much quicker! The house wasn't available for showings until Friday so we went at 11:00 that morning, made an offer about 1:30 and got a call from the realtor at 3:30 that the house was ours. But when we made the offer, our agent told us we only had to give them about 4-5 hours and I just couldn't believe that but she said that's just how it works here. And then we found out after only 2 hours- wow! Another thing is that most closings happen in 30-45 days here. I had a 60-day closing period when I bought and sold my house and I think that was pretty standard for Californnia. We opted for the 30 days since the house is empty and we are anxious to get out of the tiny apartment we occupy now. Best part of the house- no ponds with geese nearby! Maybe not the best part but it's definitely going to be something we'll appreciate. I will be sure to take some pictures and then post them when we go inside the house for the inspections in the next week or two. Rob is so excited and I am too though my previous home-buying experience was pretty bad and kind of kills my enthusiasm a bit. Seeing Rob get so excited about it is good for me because it gets me going too. I think I'll be much more excited when we actually get the keys and get in the house. We're already dreaming of all things we want to do to fix it up and make it ours. We've even been to Lowe's twice already just to look around and get ideas.

I would've posted the good news a little sooner but I had a little trouble with the Mac and had to go into the Apple store in Des Moines today. First time in over two years I've had a problem and it was totally my fault. I talked with one of the geniuses there in the store and he helped me get a few things set up that I've been wondering about for a while. He also told me about a plan where you pay $99 for the year and get to go into the store for little lessons. I'm seriously thinking about doing that. I think you can even go in as often as once a week. My bit of advice: Everyone should use a Mac.

1 comments:

Nanette said...

Yay for a new house! I can't wait to hear and see all about it! And I can't wait to see you!!!

*whispering* Booo for Macs! ;)

Signed,
A loyal PC-ist

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio