About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, March 12, 2007

House Hunters

Rob and I love watching House Hunters on HGTV but it turns out it's a lot more difficult than it looks. I wish in 30 minutes we could walk into 3 houses that are all great choices, pick one and be moved in. However, it's not quite so easy. I have owned a house before but it was a pretty unusual situation. I'd been thinking a little about buying a house and I happened to see one for sale that I loved from the outside. So I walked into the realtor's office and made an appointment to see the house in a couple of hours. I knew the second I walked in that it was the house for me and about 2 1/2 months later, I moved in and it was mine. All this going to check out house after house is new to me. It turned out we love the first one we saw but, it's the first one we saw! And we know there will be a lot more to choose from in the next couple of months as the weather starts to get a little better. But do we wait to see what else comes up or go for the one we like now? It's hard to know. We're going to check it out again this week, after the snow has melted away and we can get a better look at the yard.

P.S.- I finally figured out how to do a link. Yay!!!

1 comments:

Nanette said...

Very exciting! Can't wait to see what you guys decide on!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio