About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

We woke up this morning to find that the leprechauns were dumping snow all over the place. That was very surprising since just 4 days ago the high was in the 70's. But not to worry, by the time we went out at noon, it had stopped snowing and the sun was out. All the snow had even pretty much melted by then. It really amazes me how much the weather can change around here.

We went out today and grabbed a bite to eat at Wallaby's which was serving traditional Irish food for the holiday. Rob had a Guinness and some corned beef and cabbage and I had the Shepherd's Pie. Then we went and looked at an open house. The house was okay but definitely overpriced and not really what we're looking for. It's good to look at a little of everything- so Rob keeps telling me but I tend to get a little frustrated with all of this house-hunting stuff. We also went to join the gym we like here earlier in the morning. They had quoted us a price when we stopped by Thursday night and talked to the membership representative but then when we went to join this morning, they said she had given us the wrong price and it was actually more. So we left and told them to call us when they were willing to let us join for the price they quoted us. The girl said she was going to talk to the manager and have her call me on Monday. I hope they will honor the price because Rob wants us to use the facilities at the university, which is much cheaper. But I'm resisting because I don't want to be trying to keep up with a bunch of 19 year-olds or listen to conversations that start with, "So, dude, I was at this kegger last night and..." I would rather work out with the grown-ups but we'll have to see. We also went to Target , the library and the Hy-Vee supermarket . That's probably all the excitement I should lay on you readers at once so I better end this.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio