About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Sunday, March 18, 2007

You take the good with the bad

This is Rob, and I am now a blogger.

For all of the things that we love about Iowa, one bad thing has recently popped up.

When we moved into our apartment, we really liked being able to look out over the pond outside our windows. Great sunrise every morning, watch the snow and rain fall on the water; perfect right?

Well, over the past week or so, a small rotating flock of canadian geese have taken up residence in the grassy areas around the pond. Now while I am an outdoors kind of guy, love wildlife and nature, when a group (herd...flock...batallion...) of geese is cackling outside your bedroom window at 6:00am, my thoughts tend to veer another direction. Such as I wonder if the Bass Pro Shops in West Des Moines has a sale on a hunting bow and arrows. Ok, that is a bad idea. Hard to clean up the mess too.

However, after looking at a few websites this morning at 6:01am, it was said that laser pointers and water pistols seem to be very effective. The main thing is to constantly harass them. I can do that. I think we are going to head to the WalMart this morning and get a supersoaker. My afternoon may include sitting in a lawn chair armed with a water cannon. I will keep you posted. But for now, you can see the enemies below.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate those geese!!! This is Andrea out here in Virginia and those birds are every where out here. We even had a really stupid one walking in the middle of the interstate one time and causing all kinds of traffic trouble!! They can be very mean so be careful in your water gun adventures!! But know that I feel your pain :-)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio