About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

She works hard for her money...

Well, I don't know who "she" is but it's safe to bet it's not me! I started my new job yesterday and it's a little bit slow. And it probably will be for a while until I get some projects and learn how to do them on my own. However, I am enjoying it and I really like the group of 5 people that I work with. My section all took me out to lunch the first day and that was nice of them. The one thing that is very different at the new office is that it is so quiet. Those 5 people and I are the only people that sit in the little area where I am. You have to go out into the hallway and then into another room to find more people. All the offices are set up like that so you only have between one and six people (I think we're one of the bigger groups) in an area. I used to sit in a cube right in the middle of all kinds of action- lots of co-workers, copiers, customers and all kinds of other people and noises to distract me all the time. I didn't notice it so much then but it seems like the floor of the New York Stock Exchange compared to my office now. I haven't decided if I like the quiet or miss the noise and action. I'll get back to you on that....

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio