About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, July 2, 2007

Another Busy DIY Weekend

No VIP treatment this weekend- it was a weekend of hard work and a lot of progress. We had planned on priming (with B-I-N) the kitchen and getting that painted but it was such a beautiful weekend that we just had to be outside. That worked well considering we had 3 ugly stumps in our front yard left from juniper or cypress bushes that I cleaned out a month or two ago. You may remember the post about my adventures in trimming those.

Now it looks like this!



It's not the best picture but it looks really nice. We are going to put some wood chips down still but we need to find a pick-up truck to borrow for that. So we finally got around to painting on Sunday night, but only the primer coat. Tonight when we got home from work, we got the first coat of our Soothing Aloe paint. It looks really bright in the picture I took below- it really doesn't seem that bright when you are standing in the kitchen. I think getting on the cabinets and window coverings in there will tone it down some too.



We needed some color in the house so I'm loving it and think it's going to be great for us. Make life sizzle!

A final comment- we've been using the Valspar paint from Lowe's and have been very happy. We couldn't find a green that we liked with that brand so we went ahead and got the Olympic brand paint in the Soothing Aloe color we liked. It is not good. It does not go on the walls as easily as the Valspar. I didn't think there could be that much difference- how different can paint be? Well, it is much harder to work with but the color is great and it seems to look good on the walls once it dries. And anyone wanting to use B-I-N should be aware that it is extremely watery and does not have the consistency of paint at all. It is also very, very stinky. Those are my observations on paint for the weekend :o)

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Very nice! I look forward to seeing it in person. ;)

Rachel said...

is that Stuart on the front porch?

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio