About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sparks are (Still) Flying

Though we've had some mishaps with the kitchen remodel (paint coming off the walls, putting the drawer hardware in the cabinet wrong and a few smashed fingers, etc), tonight was our first accident that got exciting. First, let me give you a little background. We had electricians come out about a month ago to put in a few new boxes and move some other things around. We did not have them put the actual outlets in because we figured we could do that ourselves and save a few dollars. Rob has been doing a great job swapping out all the other outlets in the house and installing a few new ones too but the one tonight got away from him a little, as you can see below.



Somehow, the wires touched each other and sparks went flying everywhere! Big sparks, probably 4 feet into the air above the box. As you may have noticed in the picture, the tip of the screwdriver is melted off and you can see that piece is melted onto the torched outlet. We called it quits for the night not too long after that. It's even starting to seem a little funny now :o)

There's a big storm coming and it's thundering quite a bit so I better end this now and get my computer turned off before it becomes the second thing we've torched tonight!

3 comments:

Nanette said...

Whoa! I'm glad no one got hurt!!!

Bonique and Josh said...

Sounds scary.

Anonymous said...

Woops..I accidently used my blog account to sign-in. The previous comment was from from Bonique, not "bonique and josh" :)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio