About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Such a Bad Blogger

I knew it had been a while since my last post but I was still a little shocked to see it had been 10 days! You can chalk it up to lots of work in the kitchen, a trip to Minneapolis and my obsession with finishing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I finished up the book and I thought the ending was great! And that is all I will say- I would hate to give anything away. Rob and I went up to Minneapolis on Friday for a quick trip to IKEA. We spent about 4 or 5 hours there and by the time we were done, we just wanted to go home because it wiped us out. We had exchanged all our kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts and were now traveling with our new Adel Birch cabinet doors. In addition, we purchased a king size bed frame and five lighting fixtures so it was a tight fit inside the XTerra. I meant to take a picture of our cozy quarters but I forgot until after we had unloaded it all back at home. My thoughtful husband asked if I wanted to load everything back up and take a picture but I decided against it.

The work in the kitchen continues. Rob has almost all the base cabinets installed and next up is the wall cabinets. We’re doing it a little different than last time so hopefully it still goes well. We continue to debate whether or not we want to do a backsplash and what material we should use. A decision on that needs to be made soon because we can’t install the microwave or some of the cabinets until we decide. I will try to take some pictures tonight of our progress.

Sorry for being a bad blogger and I promise to be better!!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio