About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Already Blew It

Well, looks like Day 3 of the National Blog Posting Month (aka NaBloPoMo) was my downfall. I already blew it- I just totally forgot to blog yesterday. We were busy doing all kinds of things and I never thought about it. We got up pretty early and went to the grocery store and bought waffle mix, among other things, so we could make a big breakfast. We didn't actually end up making any waffles until this morning but we still had a big breakfast. After that we worked in the yard. Rob mowed the lawn and put on the winter fertilizer while I planted hyacinth, giant allium, some tulips, some more tulips and even more tulips. Those were some specialty bulbs that I picked up in another town at a small nursery- now I need to go to Sam's Club and buy some big bags of cheaper bulbs and plant those in big drifts in the front yard. We got all cleaned up and it was time for Rob to go get his haircut at the mall. While he was there, he decided he felt like shopping but then wanted me there too to help make some decisions. He picked me up at the house and we headed back over and picked out a couple of shirts for him. I looked around and tried on a few things but the trip ended abruptly when a very stupid lady totally ran over the back of my foot with one of those ginormous fire truck stroller stupid things. It hurt so bad, I cussed at her (did I tell you how bad it hurt?) and then I went to get Rob and we left. I also gave the pushy lotion kiosk guy the business when he attempted to sell me some of his crappy lotion about 10 seconds after my big accident. When we got out to the car, I took my shoe off to find a bloody sock and then my foot all torn up and bloody. We came home and got me fixed up and then watched some racing and went to bed. I also got some laundry done during the day. So though it wasn't the best day ever, it was productive. We'll have to find something fun to do today.

As for the NaBloPoMo challenge, maybe I'll just post twice today and then I'll maintain a once-a-day average. That's pretty close.

1 comments:

Nanette said...

YIKES! I'd be pissed, too, about the whole foot thing. Was she at least apologetic? Because there's nothing worse than someone who does something stupid to you and then THEY get mad when YOU get mad.

And definitely keep up the monthlong blogging! :)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio