About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, December 14, 2009

Baby Bump and a Contest

With my first pregnancy, it was quite a while before I started to really show much. And then it was a while longer before I put up a picture of what I looked like. Well, the bump started way earlier this time and I'm prepared to share earlier too. I don't love this stage of pregnancy where you tend to just look a little chubby rather than pregnant. Anyhow, here I am- 16 weeks and 5 days into my pregnancy.



I've been a little depressed with the lack of comments I get on the blog. I know lots of people check in thanks to my sitemeter, but I usually only get 0-2 comments per post. It kind of stinks to put this much work into something and get little or no response. I know I have been a bad blogger lately (really really bad while I had so much morning, afternoon and evening sickness) so part of it is my fault. I've been trying to be a better blogger and in order to try and stir up some comments and see who is reading, I decided to hold a contest and give away a $25 gift card of your choice (but please remember I have to be able to get the card in Iowa). The contest is to guess whether we are having a boy or girl. We find out on December 30th but I am making the cutoff for entering midnight on Christmas Day (12/25/09). Of those who guess correctly, I will randomly pick one winner for the gift card and announce it in a post on December 30th, after we go to the doctor. If the baby is not cooperative for the ultrasound, we will still do the contest but have to delay the picking and announcement of the winner until we find out. So please leave a comment with your guess and say hello! And to my husband Rob, if you read this, you are not eligible to enter the contest. Sorry honey but it just doesn't seem right.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

BOY!

Shan Kat said...

I think it's a boy, too! ;)

nursechristine said...

Shelby, I didn't know you had a blog until today. So fun! I am guessing a GIRL!

Nanette said...

For some reason, I feel like it's going to be a boy, but I think you'd have a blast with a girl. Regardless, my guess is BOY. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Nanette. Although wishful thinking hopes you're having a girl...my official vote is BOY.

Love,
Belinda

Nanette said...

BTW, I heard that you show much quicker with your second pregnancy -- something having to do with the muscle memory of your uterus.

Tedra said...

I have been a closet reader for sometime now. I also read your friend Nanners. I hail from MN, graduating high school and leaving the MN for the NE where I was never a Huskers fan. I have been in MO for 15 years now and love to hear about your snow adventures. I miss snow, we haven't had much here in MO for many years now. I am secretly hoping you have a girl, but I have a feeling it's a boy. So my vote is BOY.

Anonymous said...

Shelby! I LOVE your blog!!! You do a VERY good job! :) And my guess is a girl. :) Love ya!
Tricia

Anonymous said...

Even though I think a girl would be wonderful in your family...I just have this deep feeling that it's a boy. So my vote is BOY. Whichever it is, it will be just what we wanted. XOXO...Nana

Anonymous said...

I'm going with girl just so our families could match. But regardless, you won't have 2 redheads like us!
Amy A.

Anonymous said...

I will say girl...

Dee

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio