About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Well, We've Done It!

This was the big announcement made by the weatherman on tv this past Sunday night. "Done what?" I innocently thought. What we've done turns out to be setting the record for the most snow in December (27.7 inches) for the past 97 years. Oh, how exciting. He was actually talking about Des Moines but I'm pretty sure this feat has been accomplished by most of central Iowa. And there are still two more days left this month- wonder if we'll be adding some more by then? After consulting various weather forecasts, it looks like we will. In fact, last night they said on the news that we may even get the record for most snow in any month. Of course, this comes from the same people who told us just a month or so ago that this winter would be mild and we would not have a lot of snow, so who knows. The first winter we were here was brutal- very cold and snowy with no breaks from November until early April. Last winter was better overall but we had some record setting cold days last year. I remember one day in January that was -29 and the windchill was -45. Yikes. So now I think maybe this winter we will finally get a break but no way. I know I signed up for cold and snow, but does it have to break records every winter? Here we are during our first weekend in Iowa- I don't know why I'm surprised by anything that's happened since.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio