About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, December 28, 2009

'Twas 3 Days After Christmas..

And Shelby finally got to her holiday post
Though she wasn't the last
She was later than most
Hopefully Santa was good to you
He was very good to our kid
Check out the photos below
To see how Rex did!

His big gift from Santa was a new playhouse. Rob wants to put a skull and crossbones and flag on it to make it look like a pirate hangout. We'll see.



Anything with Elmo is a big hit. He liked the slippers ok (too hard to get around with them on though) but he loved the Elmo Encore Live doll that talks. Rob and I think Rex believes that really is Elmo in our living room, talking to him!




The rocking horse didn't get put together until Sunday but here he is, having a grand time riding it.



Rex got so many presents- you can check out Flickr to see the rest of the photos with Rex opening his presents and playing with his toys.

On to the food! We had a roast with potatoes, carrots and celery, as well as some dinner rolls and jello. I didn't take pictures of anything but my Christmas tree shaped jello. I was just so excited that I got to use my Christmas tree mold for the first time and that I actually got the jello out of the mold without incident! Then I kind of forgot about everything else. Oops. Here's my jello.



The best thing about the roast though was probably making beerocks (something we miss from Fresno and also sometimes spelled bierocks) with the leftovers the next day. Yum!! This photo is of Rob's plate and beer- I just had the beerocks.



Here I am on Christmas Eve, making eggnog sugar cookies to give out as part of our Christmas treats. Truth be told, most of these stayed here in our house because they are Rob's favorite and he was not willing to part with many. Rob actually took this picture because we thought it was funny that I was barefoot and pregnant and cooking in the kitchen.



Hope you all had a wonderful time like we did!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm impressed that you both were able to get into the play house! We haven't attempted that yet...

Anonymous said...

Rex has an awesome smile! He is so adorable!

Dee

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio