About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ice, Ice Baby

We have been having quite an assortment of weather here for the last week or two. The previous two Januaries that we have spent in Iowa have been all about snow. We had snow early in the month and then we had fog last weekend. This week we had freezing rain which is the worst. This is what it does.

Solid ice covering our hydrangea


The worst of it came on Wednesday and on Thursday our driveway looked like this.



Thursday is also the day they pick up trash so Rob had to get our trash can down this driveway to the street for pick up! He managed okay only to find out later that afternoon that because of the ice on Wednesday, they were a day behind on pick up. Ugh!! Getting it back up the driveway was impossible so it just sat there until Friday. Thursday and Friday were both warmer with no additional ice so things were much better by yesterday afternoon when I had to go out to the doctor. (The baby and I are both doing very well.) I skipped Bunco group last night because there was more freezing rain expected but I think it was warm enough that it just ended up being regular rain. Crap- I hate missing Bunco and I have been on a hot streak lately! Now today it is raining a bunch which is actually great because it helps melt the snow. However, when the temperature drops below freezing, everything will probably be an icy mess again. Here's one last picture of our house, with icicles hanging from the siding and everything else. You can probably see the icicles a lot better if you click on the photo and enlarge it.



The one nice thing about the weather lately is that it has been pretty warm- for here anyways. The high today is 37 and the low last night was about 31 or 32. Not too bad.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio