About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Upside Down

Rob decided this past weekend that he wanted to make a pineapple upside down cake from scratch. I didn't think he was too serious but he found a recipe online, went to the store and bought the ingredients and started making it Sunday afternoon. The hubs is a pretty good cook but I'm not so sure that baking is his thing so this turned into a team effort. We make a great team and this team makes a pretty tasty pineapple upside down cake.



We haven't been up to much lately. It's January and the weather is less than cooperative so it is tough to get out even to the grocery store a lot of days. There have been two snowstorms this week- the first was more than I think anyone was expecting and the second one (this morning) is pretty light. I haven't gotten too many pictures of Rex lately but here he is, doing his new favorite trick for the camera.



I am 23 weeks along today. He is getting to be a pretty big guy and I can feel him move around quite a bit. Taking a picture this morning was tough because Rex was right in the middle of everything. I was trying to take the photo in front of the closets in the master bedroom and Rex kept opening the doors and getting in the photos (see him behind me?). My shirt wouldn't lay down flat either- it kept bunching up on the side (notice how I'm trying to pull it down?). It's a great shirt in person but apparently not so great for photographing. I was having a hard enough time and was not in the mood for a wardrobe change. Anyhow, this was the best of the group so here you go.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

1. That cake looks YUMMY!

2. Love Rex's new trick!

3. You look GREAT, mama!

Anonymous said...

4. I agree with Nanette on numbers 1-3!

Tricia

Anonymous said...

Me, too!!! XOXO Nana

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio