About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Remember What I Said?

If you recall in my last post (on Tuesday), I said I would be scrapbooking on Wednesday during Rex's nap. Well, not quite. I worked on this instead.



I made a big pot of chile verde yesterday afternoon. Rob and I both thought it was something that was really tough to make. I wouldn't say it is difficult, it is just incredibly time consuming. It took me over an hour to cut up everything- the pork, onions, peppers, chiles and tomatillos. I did cheat and used canned tomatillos- you are supposed to get fresh ones and roast them. Try finding fresh tomatillos in Iowa in the middle of winter. Anyhow, once everything is chopped and ready then you have to cook up the pork in a pan. After that, you have to cook up almost everything else in that same pan. Finally, you put everything in the nice big pot and it cooks for 2-3 hours. Here's the good news- it tasted great and made a ton so you can put it in the freezer and enjoy it later. I would say it was worth the trouble. I just have to make sure I have plenty of time to devote to the process and get started early. Rob was so excited about it and insisted I take a picture of his plate.



Naptime today is mostly definitely reserved for scrapbooking!

1 comments:

Amy A said...

Wow - first fog, then chile verde! Maybe missing Cali a tinge? I wish our fog left such beautiful scenes though, and I had the time to make a pot of chile verde. Yours looked great. Unfortunately when the second child comes along, the quality of meals seems to decrease with it. Especially when the new one doesn't really sleep! AAAAHH. Hope yours isn't like mine. We love him, but don't like him sometimes.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio